Children's Camp The Children’s Camp is a programme for kids, where they are invited to explore and unfold their own self in a safe environment. The staff guides them through a lovingly held space with singing, dancing, playing, creative projects, story-telling, movement and exploration in the nature area around the kids tent. The elements of earth, water, fire, air and ether offer us the themes for each day of the week, letting us playfully focus on these five aspects of our inner and outer life. The Children’s Camp gives us the opportunity to open our senses and our hearts, to experience community life and to be part of the spiritual family which is gathering at the Camp. The kids program runs in the morning and in the afternoon, parallel to the main programmes for adults during all four weeks of the Camp. Each week will be a unique experience which aligns with the Camp theme of the week. Guidelines:
- Children of three years and older are invited to stay in the Children’s Tent without parents during the programme times
- For the smaller children, a natural and child-oriented settling-in time and detaching-of-parent time is a given
- Kids between zero and three years are welcome to be part of our Children’s Tent with one parent or caregiving adult present
- Parents are responsible for their children and their wellbeing, and this may require the parents to skip some of the programme in order to take care of them
- It is important to bring a variety of supplies: rubber boots, rain gear, warm sweater, bathing suit, sun cream and sun hat, and several changes of clothes (there are no laundry facilities)
- See Registration page for details about pricing.
Jayanara Fitzwilliam Jayanara Linda Fitzwilliam has spent every summer of her life in the Zenith Camp since she was eight years old (except one, when she was in India). Remembering her childhood summers in Camp she says: “The Children’s Tent and the whole Camp ground and the community was like paradise on earth for me, and it recharged my spirit for the whole year.” She feels very honored to be taking on the role of the Children’s Tent leader in 2019, and offer the kids a place to playfully be who they really are. Jayanara is a mother, yoga teacher and educator for dance and movement, a healer and a facilitator of sufi events within the Inayati Order. She currently lives with her daughter and her husband in Bern, where she teaches yoga, parents-kids classes, holds women circles and retreats. She also works in her practice of Lotus Light Healing giving treatments. Jayanara is a soft yet powerful woman with a big heart for children ...Read More